Meeting students for the 1st time always makes one feel nervous, no matter you’re experienced or inexperienced. Before the 1st class meeting, you have to think about what to do in the meeting, how to set the climate for learning and establish rapport with students.
Here are no rules, just guidelines to brainstorming
1. Quantity trumps quality
Rapid fire as many ideas as possible. Don’t worry about feasibility. The more, the merrier,
as they say. Each ideas become a catalyst for another idea.
2. Welcome far out ideas
Share all ideas, not matter how odd they may seem to you. Remember, nothing is too
ridiculous. Again each ideas become a catalyst for another idea.
3. Make suggestions without judging the ideas
IIt is critical not to judge any part of the idea until the end of the session. This include
eliminating any statement like “That won’t work.” “The is a stupid idea.” “That’s impractical.” In fact don’t discuss the ideas at
all! Laughing is positive. Criticism is not. Each ideas become a catalyst for another idea.
4. Every one should try to build upon or combine the ideas of others
One idea can generate another one. Ideas can improve with further suggestions.
5. There are no bad ideas
Every person brings to the table a unique set of experiences. In brainstorming the goals is
1. Humourous in the classroom and ease any frustruation.
2. Adopts a fair attitude when it comes to make any evaluation.( Djenet Touati)
3.Aware of the learners’ needs. (Meriem Belkhir)
4. Has a good command of the subject matter. (Belghoul Hadjer)
5.Dedicated to his work and never wastes time.(Bleghoul Hadjer)
6. Has a good sense of humour. (Belghoul Hadjer)
7. professional, aware, communicative, respectful and interested in his students.(Safia Benchaa)
8. Simple, understanding, enjoyable.(Safia Benchaa)
9. Brings authentic materials to inspire students. (Safia Benchaa)
10. Respects students’ social background.(Haidra F.Z)
11. Forgives students’ mistakes. (Haidra F.A)
12. Corrects activities without explaining. (Haidra F.Z)
13.accepts being corrected by learners.(Belkercha Laalia)
14. Be a co-learner. (Belkercha Laalia)
15. Listens to students and tries to solve their problems.(Abdelhrim Amane)
16. Be patient and comprehensive. ( Abdelkrim Amane)
17. Is not satisfied with his work until he is assured that students understand the lesson (Amel Bouhenna)
18. Puts aside his personal problems once in class.(Amel Bouhenna)
19. Always on time and organized. (Amina Sahnoune)
20. Always smiling. (Amina Sahnoune)
Negative teaching style
1. Inhibits and insults students.
2. Misbehaves and shouts all the time. ( Djenet Touati)
3. Avoids students’ questions. (Meriem Belkhir)
4. Inhibits students when giving a wrong answer.(Belghoul Hadjer)
5.Works with good students only .(Belghoul Hadjer)
6. Never praises students’ efforts. (Belghoul Hadjer)
7.Does not care about students’ motivation (Safia Benchaa)
8. Punishes students. (Haidra F.Z)
7. Thinks he/she is the best teacher.(Belkercha Laalia)
8. Does not believe in his students’ skills. (Belkercha Laalia)
9. Continues the courses without caring of students’ understanding.(Amel Bouhenna)
10. Does not respect the school rules (Amel Bouhenna)
11. Supplies information with no explanation. (Amina Sahnoune)
12.Hides his/her incompetency with anger (Amina Sahnoune)
– Inspire confidence and assure students and administrators with your professional attitude and practices. Show that you can be a role model.